Animator vs. Animation Animator vs. Animation

Well done

Incredible animation! More importantly, you've brought a lot of attention to Ebaums world and why nobody should trust it. Congratulations on getting your animation removed and bringing the issues to light!

Good luck in all future endevors, you are seriously talented!

WoW-ShadowsOfAzeroth pt1 WoW-ShadowsOfAzeroth pt1

Rather boring, but has great potential

Okay, first of all, let me say that I love your artwork, both the style and detail. Also, you've taken a large risk trying to use a game 5 million users wide and parody it.

Now that I've said that, let me just say that the movie didn't captivate me that much. Your art is good, keep that, however your jokes, and plot in general aren't very good (at least in my opinion). First of all, the plot is kinda there, but there isn't much glue holding it together. Things happen to the characters, but for the most part it's sporatic (for example, one of your characters is raised from the dead almost like a side thought. More character development would have really helped this part of the toon to have more depth/substance.) On the subject of character development, make your characters have distince and memorable personalities, that's part of what makes any toon good. It would have helped if you'd given a little better grounds for the gnome to abandon the warlock.

Okay, on to the subject of jokes. Here is where you have the most potential that I can see. Work on timing! That's half of what makes a joke funny. When doing a toon, you have to be very sudden to get the humurous surprise. Make sure you do that when people interrupt or something unexpected happens. Other jokes require a build up. Make sure that you don't just throw one in, plan it! Also, please stay away from overly cliche statements like "Don't tell me, you opened the book?". Instead go with something original or funny that people won't expect right off the bat. On that note, stay original at all costs (I'm not saying you weren't, I just like to say that). One last note jokes, you may want to try pairing jokes. An immeadiate extention or follow up on something humorous can work wonders.

Finally, see if you can exaggerate some of the voices more. I understand that this can be hard for a flash animator, but details can really help.

Overall, plenty of potential and looking forward to the next installment! Thanks for taking the time to read this legnthy revies (if you did, that is)

Xiphon responds:

Well of course I read it, I read all reviews!

On character development:
Yah, this is something I've known would be a bit sacraficed from episode to episode. Hopefully, if you watch the series as a whole it seems more involved. There was quite a lot more stuff planned, but it was so long I had to start cutting back.

(And on a side note, I never felt that the "Don't tell me" line was the joke, but the "Why does everyone keep blaming me!?" part was)

at any rate, thanks for a timely review

Zombies Took My Daughter! Zombies Took My Daughter!

Very nice

I love the random generated aspect of the game; I'm surprised at how well it worked. The weapon system was fun and I really enjoyed the little extras like running into other survivors and finding bounties.

That said, I got to a point in the game where EVERY AREA was listed as not having the daughter. Not sure if I found her and she got killed somehow or if I somehow passed her by or if it was a glitch. Not having a list of areas I had physically been, I just decided to give up.

Infinite Chamber Infinite Chamber

Addictive as hell

I've kept this game tabbed out for a couple of days now, playing a round or two between studying and I have to say that it's a great reduction to what makes platforming fun. Only suggestions would be being able to turn off sound effects along with the music (which I enjoy, btw) and (this is a selfish one) having computer text after fifty.

Oh, and if we're sharing high scores
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e19 5/T1GERIS/Untitled.jpg

-Orr- Four Brave Champions -Orr- Four Brave Champions

Beautiful

Flows and repeats seamlessly, wonderful use of voices and bells (especially bells... they can be epic when done right but usually don't fit where composers try to put them... not the case here)

Wonderful work.

DavidOrr responds:

Thank you!

paragon & chron hvns above me paragon & chron hvns above me

A beautiful shame.

I've had this song on my computer for well over a year now and it still amazes me every time I play it. Even unfinished it is one of my top 3 newgrounds songs. Although there's such a slim chance that you and Paragon will ever finish it, I always check back here every few months just in case.

This song is incredibly well done and both of you should be crazy proud of it. Here's to hoping for completion, against all odds.

Chronamut responds:

paragon is gone - I don't know where he went - but I have a feeling he has left this site for good now.

So enjoy the demo as it is most likely the only thing from us you will ever hear.

thanks for the review and the kind word! ^^

-shawn-

Surface Surface

Awesome...but

First off, let me say that I LOVE all of your songs. In fact, I can probably attribute my love of techno to stumbling upon you a while back on the audio portal. I love your experimentation in this different style, but the melody lines are...very similar to your other work. In fact, listening to all your stuff, you can be very predictible in how you start and resolve a lot of your sections.

That's not to say that it's bad, far from it! However, you would be all the more awesome if you would diversify and perhaps experiment on different ways to resolve phrases.