Flows and repeats seamlessly, wonderful use of voices and bells (especially bells... they can be epic when done right but usually don't fit where composers try to put them... not the case here)
A beautiful shame.
I've had this song on my computer for well over a year now and it still amazes me every time I play it. Even unfinished it is one of my top 3 newgrounds songs. Although there's such a slim chance that you and Paragon will ever finish it, I always check back here every few months just in case.
This song is incredibly well done and both of you should be crazy proud of it. Here's to hoping for completion, against all odds.
paragon is gone - I don't know where he went - but I have a feeling he has left this site for good now.
So enjoy the demo as it is most likely the only thing from us you will ever hear.
thanks for the review and the kind word! ^^
First off, let me say that I LOVE all of your songs. In fact, I can probably attribute my love of techno to stumbling upon you a while back on the audio portal. I love your experimentation in this different style, but the melody lines are...very similar to your other work. In fact, listening to all your stuff, you can be very predictible in how you start and resolve a lot of your sections.
That's not to say that it's bad, far from it! However, you would be all the more awesome if you would diversify and perhaps experiment on different ways to resolve phrases.
Okay, you want a review? I'll give you an honest opinion.
1) (0:00)The beginning: You get a nice start to the song and introduce the melody right away. I have no issue with that part, it's very nice
2) (0:14)The first transition: This is fine, but I think it's just a bit drawn out. Personally, I'd start emphasizing the stuff you have in the background a little more after you've established the prevailing pattern for that part. Especially the gutair sounding part. However, that's just me.
3) (0:42)Return of the melody: I love this part. Nothing bad about it
4) (0:55)The decline: Fine, could perhaps be a little softer since there's a different feel here. The lines here are quite pretty
5) (1:11)The song picks back up: I find the prevailing melody gets too repititous here, but again, that's just me and it changes before too long.
6) (1:38)The dark part: You're not quite done with this yet, so I'll refrain from comment.
Overall, very nice. On an overall note, I think you could benefit from letting the interjecting parts overpower the melody from time to time. It would add variety and depth to the music. Don't worry, the listner will be hearing the melody line in their head. Can't wait to hear a full version!
wow, you certainly broke it down for me. :)
I'll take all of your thoughts into consideration. The full version is long overdue, lol. I better get cracking. :P
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.